Education Outreach is just one facet within the GI Outreach Office. The team brings geophysical research into K-12 classrooms throughout Alaska and develops teacher training programs based on research conducted at the Geophysical Institute. Our programs are designed to increase educational knowledge and excitement in the geosciences. Other outreach opportunities for UAF students and the community as a whole are offered throughout the year.
Current education outreach programs:
- Cultural Connections: The Northern Lights (website coming soon)
Past education outreach programs include:
- Alaska Tsunami Education Program
- Arctic Climate Modeling Program
- Aurora Alive
- Ola Ka Honua: Volcanoes Alive
- Science & Math Enrichment Program
- Science Teacher Education Program
- (UNITE US) Uniting Native Indigenous Traditional Education & University Science
Click here to view a summary of the above K-12 education initiatives and others created by faculty elsewhere in the Geophysical Institute.