The Petrology Lab houses equipment to analyze porous material structural properties. The lab maintains the following pore structure analytical equipment:
1) HumiPyc 2 helium pycnometer for solid and granular material densities
2) Bench-top gas permeameter (employing compressed air) with a versatile sample holder that can accommodate (core and non-core) samples from <5 mm to >5 cm in both diameter and length
3) Electrical resistivity analyses using a versatile sample holder and Instek LCR-821 LCR meter
4) Maximum pore throat radius analyses are also produced using modified sample holders in the permeameter and pycnometer
5) Portable field permeameter (TinyPerm 3) and rock core drilling equipment
Pore Structure Analytical Rates (1 analysis per sample). Replicate analyses available on request for additional fee:
He-pycnometer analyses - $50 per sample.
Permeability analyses (lab) - $75 per sample.
Electrical resistivity analyses - $100 per sample.
Pore throat radius - $25 per sample
Field permeameter rental - price available on request
Core drill rental - price available on request
Field permeability and core sampling services - $120 per hour, 4 hour minimum. Costs for transportation to and from field location negotiable.