The 2012 Alaska Weather Symposium will be held at the University of Alaska Fairbanks on March 13 and 14. The deadline for presentation and/or poster abstracts is Tuesday, January 24.
All abstracts relating to weather and climate in Alaska are welcome. Some anticipated areas of focus are:
- Air quality
- Data assimilation
- High resolution modeling in complex terrain
- Observations/monitoring challenges
- Weather-scale sea ice
The symposium is being sponsored by:
- Alaska Region, NOAA National Weather Service
- Arctic Region Supercomputing Center (UAF)
- Department of Atmospheric Sciences (College of Natural Science and Mathematics, UAF)
- Geophysical Institute (UAF)
- International Arctic Research Center (UAF)
For more information on the symposium, visit the ARSC website here.