The Geophysical Institute's 75th anniversary celebration will take place 2–6 p.m. Saturday, August 21!
We celebrate 75 years of innovative research at the University of Alaska Fairbanks, America's premier Arctic research university. Congress passed an act July 31, 1946, approving formation of a Geophysical Institute at the University of Alaska. A lot has happened since then! With the resilience and creativity of our 300+ faculty, staff and affiliated students, we are launching forward at the forefront of Earth and space science exploration.
At this free public event, you can enjoy:
- Opening remarks from UAF and GI leadership
- Interactive activities for all ages from different GI research groups
- Wining door prizes and playing GI trivia
- Guided outdoor tours throughout the day from the Alaska Satellite Facility and of the Planet Walk
- Chatting with Alaska science pioneers and learn about the early days of research and innovation
- Celebratory cake and giveaways
We look forward to seeing you there! Join the event on Facebook.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 907-474-7787 for more information.